Thursday, May 31, 2007

Playing Hookie!

Seven days in Tuscany! Sigh! That's my husband and I enjoying gelato in Lucca - our favorite town of those we visited. I'm back in the studion now and dyeing up a storm.

Imminently on the horizon is Knitter's Connection! Melissa has emailed to say she's planning on making the trip up, (Can't wait to meet you!) and I hope you'll come too! I love meeting people who've lovingly adopted my yarn. It makes me happy. I'll also get to meet Fran, who is the wonderful lady behind the entire show. She is a customer of mine, and went out of her way to extend a personal invitation to exhibit at the show. She's the reason you'll find us there. Thanks, Fran! I'm trying not to daydream to much about meeting Lime N Violet while I'm there. I want too, but I know they're so busy....and I'll probably just stutter, sputter and drool on myself if they actually stop by. How professional is that!

Next up, The Loopy Ewe!

If you love shopping at The Loopy Ewe - our next order is slated to be delivered the end of June. It's been a long wait this time around due to Knitter's Connection and my Tuscan Vacation. But don't worry. We've got an agreement with Sheri to keep her supplied every 4-6 weeks from here on out, so you won't be waiting forever. Oh, and Sharon is sending along 3 new colorways in this shipment, so keep your eyes open for her work.

Thanks, Becca!

I have a confession to make. I have Google Alerts set up to notify me if people are talking about my yarn on the internet. I don't even have the decency to have it sent to me as a digest - it delivers a new email for every new link it finds. Luckily, it found this lovely post by Becca. It has a picture of my Shipwreck yarn knit into socks. I love that! Thanks, Becca , for making my day! Go see her blog and work here. (Scroll about 1/2 way through the May 29th post.)

Back to work for Katie. Yarns are waiting to be dyed, you know!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I'm so glad to have a time frame for more Yarn Love at The Loopy Ewe. Only one more order till I'm a Loopy Groupie so I want to make it a good one!

We lived in Italy for 2 years, in fact I met my husband in the airport waiting to go over there. I miss the food and the gelato most of all. Your photo brings back so many memories.

My mom loved her Shipwreck socks! Thanks for linking them.

Rachel Kayla said...

It was great getting to speak with you at Knitter's Connection. I hope you enjoyed Columbus (it's no Tuscany, though). I can't wait to cast on my Scarlett O'Hara yarn.

Jenni said...

Hi, Katie,

I just wanted to drop you a quick line to let you know how nice it was to meet you at Knitter's Connection. Your yarns are beautiful and I can't wait to play with the roving I bought from you. Hope you had a great show and a safe trip home!

Melissa said...

Hey Katie!

It was great meeting you this weekend! I promise I will send you pics of my Limeade and violet socks soon! :)

I hope you had a safe drive home.

Melissa